Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday # 8

Photobucket



Wishlist Wednesday is a wonderful meme created by the ever sweet Pen to Paper


Larkstorm (Larkstorm #1)
by Dawn Rae Miller
ebook
Expected publication: December 6th 2011 (first published December 5th 2011)

Summary:
In the years following the destructive Long Winter, when half the world’s population perished, the State remains locked in battle against the Sensitives: humans born with extra abilities.

As one of the last descendants of the State’s Founders, seventeen-year-old Lark Greene knows her place: study hard and be a model citizen so she can follow in her family’s footsteps. Her life’s been set since birth, and she’s looking forward to graduating and settling down with Beck, the boy she’s loved longer than she can remember.

However, after Beck is accused of being Sensitive and organizing an attack against Lark, he disappears. Heartbroken and convinced the State made a mistake, Lark sets out to find him and clear his name.

But what she discovers is more dangerous and frightening than Sensitives: She must kill the boy she loves, unless he kills her first.


Babble:
This one looks like a promising dystopian. I always love a strong female character and Lark seems like a fighter. Been looking out for this for quite some time.

11 comments:

  1. Oh this cover. I don't think I'd read it - It's not my type of book, but I hope you'll enjoy it once you get to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting. I like your new blog design, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it'd be good.
    Here's mine:
    http://wondrousreadings.blogspot.com/2012/01/wishlist-wednesday-8.html
    SarahS @ WondrousReadings

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, it looks very promising, I appointed him safe.

    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds and looks amazing! Awesome choice!
    Romi.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds good. I hope you can post a review after you read it though & let us know if its worth reading or not. Sometimes the blurb/excerpt can be deceiving. Crossing my fingers you enjoy it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't heard of this book. Sounds good and I will be adding to my tbr list.
    Thanks,
    April Hays

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I read this part, "But what she discovers is more dangerous and frightening than Sensitives: She must kill the boy she loves, unless he kills her first," I was hooked immediately. I am going to read this book next if I can get it from my library.

    ReplyDelete