Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Review: My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century


My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century
(My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century #1)
by Rachel Harris
Published September 11th 2012
by Entangled Publishing
Summary from Goodreads:
On the precipice of her sixteenth birthday, the last thing lone wolf Cat Crawford wants is an extravagant gala thrown by her bubbly stepmother-to-be and well-meaning father. So even though Cat knows the family’s trip to Florence, Italy, is a peace offering, she embraces the magical city and all it offers. But when her curiosity leads her to an unusual gypsy tent, she exits . . . right into Renaissance Firenze. 

Thrust into the sixteenth century armed with only a backpack full of contraband future items, Cat joins up with her ancestors, the sweet Alessandra and protective Cipriano, and soon falls for the gorgeous aspiring artist Lorenzo. But when the much-older Niccolo starts sniffing around, Cat realizes that an unwanted birthday party is nothing compared to an unwanted suitor full of creeptastic amore. 

Can she find her way back to modern times before her Italian adventure turns into an Italian forever?

Thoughts:
I used to read a lot of historical fiction back during my university days so I literally jump at the chance to read this wonderful book when I found out that it's set in the Renaissance period. Filled with juvenile fun and adventure, the book certainly put a smile on my face as I followed Cat's journey to sixteenth century Italy.

And to top it all, the lovable and interesting characters made it so enjoyable to read this book. Alessandra is so charming and endearing and for once I'm not turned off by the romantic interest which comes in the form of the captivating Lorenzo. And Cat Crawford as the main protagonist although being the daughter of a Hollywood bigwig is not the typical mean popular girl. I love the fact that she's kind of a loner who likes to keep to herself.

Time travel and hot Italian guys? What more could I ask?

Verdict: 4 stars.
In my Debut Author Reading Challenge 
Available on: Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment