Thursday, January 24, 2013

Review: Enchanted Ever After


Enchanted Ever After (Mystic Circle #3)
by Robin D. Owens
Published December 18th 2012
by Harlequin Luna
ARC fom Netgalley
Summary from Goodreads:
Magic was just around the corner.... 

 
Kiri Palger knew the difference between reality-new house, hard work and not too many friends-and fantasy-the fun she had playing online games. So when the chance to work for the best gaming company in the world came up, giving her a chance to merge business with pleasure, how could she not apply?

Suddenly she has more friends, interesting neighbors and an intriguing love interest. But when the game begins to awaken something inside her, Kiri is shocked by the talents she never knew she had... and an evil she'd never imagined.

Her nice, safe life is imploding around her-and if she takes up the mantle of her powers, it will never be the same again....

Thoughts:
A few reviews I've stumbled upon on Goodreads assured readers that eventhough this is actually the third book in the series, it can actually be regarded as a stand alone. Well, I'm afraid I was feeling a bit lost in the beginning chapters of the book. Maybe because I'm having that time of the month or maybe I was expecting to breeze through a book without thinking much but the first few chapters where Kiri attended a  party in her new neighbourhood just left me floundering.

There are just too many characters to keep track of and not much background on each of them. There are fairies, humans with magical elements and other types I'm not really sure of. But I was intrigued with the whole magical video game concept that I stuck reading it till the end. And I'm glad that I did.

Eventhough it took some time for me to get into the story, the mystical setting is really fascinating. And despite the seemingly childish cover, this is actually an adult book. Or can it be considered new adult? All the characters are actually grown ups and it's nice to read something from an adult point of view once in a while.

Recommended for: fans of witches
Verdict: 3 stars.
In my Witches & Witchcraft Reading Challenge 
Available on: Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment